Bhadas ब्लाग में पुराना कहा-सुना-लिखा कुछ खोजें.......................

12.7.08

Three pegs for two

Hangover of Delhi visit is still there. Its about a visit to the Press Club. I had forgotten my GMC card and without that it was "no entry".

Yashwant Singh of Bhadas who was with me had his sharp eye roving on the notice board of the Club while I searched for some friend to get us in. Ultimately, Ashok Bedi helped me get entry as his guest. We ordered two pegs. But, the waiter placed three on our table. The odd number three was a quiz for me. Yashwant drew my attention to the announcement of three pegs for two on the notice board. However, one peg free was a news for me and Yashwant suggested that I must have it in the Newsletter that there is incentive scheme in liquor also get three pegs for two.

While coming out , I saw Pradip Saurabh , a regular feature of the Club in his charateristic style. There was Amit Mukherjee with his friends on a table. Like many in Delhi, Amit was also curious to know the truth of the TOI issue. While parting , I could not resist myself and asked his Do kaa teen business.

He said that it happens whenever there is some scheme from the liquor company.This literally killed the news. But, in the interest of Delhi journalists who do not visit the Press Club and others elsewhere in the country , it must be a news. And so, friends I have the news that you can drink more paying less!!!!!

-Yogesh Sharma
http://www.gujaratglobal.com/
साभारः गुजरात ग्लोबल डाट काम

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

दद्दा बहुत खूब,
अभी आता हु दिल्ली फिर आपके साथ ही रहूँगा और दो का तीन क्या ऑफर है, मस्त हो के टुल्ली हो जाऊंगा.
जय जय भड़ास